Creating effective, student-centered schools takes energy, commitment, imagination—and support from experts in school design, who understand both the needs of young people and the complexities of innovative school models and education systems, both large and small.
Partnerships with Springpoint are differentiated by an intentional approach to new school model design and implementation that is both student-centered and grounded in youth development theory. We collaborate closely with leaders, guiding them through a comprehensive school development process that includes concept design and implementation, school launch, and ongoing iteration. Our supports are flexible, adaptive, and responsive to each partner’s unique context. Throughout, we retain a sharp focus on supporting the development of innovative solutions that can ensure success for all students, including those who are traditionally underserved. We have particular expertise in these areas:
- School Model Design: we lead partners through a structured design process focusing on discovery, synthesis, alignment and iteration. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach—schools should look and operate differently based on the needs of the students and communities they serve.
- Strategic Planning: we work with partners and school leaders to plan for launching schools, helping them sequence priorities and allocate time, people, and resources in a way that will best serve student needs.
- Capacity Building and On-going School Support: we provide coaching, training, and tools to school leaders and their teams to develop proficiency in school design, implementation and data-driven iteration.
- Mastery-based System Implementation: we support partners in developing and implementing mastery-based approaches that can create more equitable learning ecosystems and assessment practices.
- Resource Development: we develop and curate customized resources that are essential to school teams throughout the process of designing, launching and supporting new models.